Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Running away in Shellman


We were moving into a beautiful historical house in Shellman, GA. I, Carmella, was around four years old and did not want to move to this little town. So, I got on my BIG WHEEL (three wheeled plastic tricycle) and headed back to Ocala, FL. I was not going to stay in GA.

I went down the street, took a left and went five blocks when I was stopped by a nice gentlemen in a gray pickup truck. He asked where I was going and where were my parents. Don't remember what I said but he somehow figured that I belonged to the new family moving into town and called mom on the phone.

He asked mom, "Do you have a little girl and was she missing?" It is at that time my mom noticed that I was gone. The man said he would bring me back home. He took my Big Wheel, put it into the bed of his truck and drove the five blocks down the street, took a right and met my mom and dad in the front of the house. I was not happy to be back at home! They were glad to have me back!

No comments: