Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Pillowcase pillow and sleeping

When you are a kid you love sleeping with other people. I loved sleeping with all of my grandparents.

My grandpa's made it extra special for me. PopPop would take an empty pillowcase and fold it for my pillow. Folding a pillowcase gives no support but when PopPop folded it, I could tell. If it got unfolded he would have to fold it back up for me and lay it on his bed next to his pillow. Now, I think it was because he did not have an extra pillow for me to use so he came up with this great idea and this little girl ate it all up. It was our special thing when I would come to his house. Maybe it is because of this that I don't have to have a pillow to sleep.

One time I woke up and he was not next to me. He had already gotten up but something had changed. My pillow was missing and so was his. What had happened? Don't remember what they told me at that time but I was less than eight years old. I had peed on him that night. He had changed the sheets and he slept somewhere else. He did not want anyone to tell me because he just knew that I would be so embarrassed.

As I got older it was not appropriate for me to sleep with them so MomMom and PopPop got me a cot to sleep on next to their bed in their bedroom. PopPop would still fold my pillowcase for me.

No comments: