Friday, July 18, 2008

All in the Fam

I guess it's about time I started posting something....haha! Well, I have decided that I need to go the beginning of my little entry into the Stroud family, and my mind keeps racing back to the moment when I heard Annette Stroud swear at the counter attendant at the airport.

We were racing to the Dulles Airport to get on our flight to Georgia. I had been married to Aaron for 4 1/2 days and we had just driven the long drive from Central PA (from our first reception) and were going back home to GA (to our second reception). We were unprepared with the size of the Washington DC airport and were in a race against time. A man at the counter told us (Annette, Robby, Aaron and I) that we could check our luggage in at the gate--so we took the tram to the train to the escalator to the gate.

They were letting the last passengers on, but because we did not check our luggage in (which the guy told we could do there), we were told we had to wait for a later flight. Annette took it upon herself to beg the woman at the counter to at least let Aaron and I get on because it was our honeymoon. The woman at the counter would not budge. Annette begged and begged and finally she said, "Well, you're just a little bitch!"

My mouth fell open. I was shocked. And proud of my new mama. And shocked. And can you believe it? The attendant did not let us on.

1 comment:

Carmella Life said...

Awesome! She has gotten better at flying now. She does not curse at the attendants any longer.