Thursday, November 19, 2009

Rated R movies, WHAT!

We had a rule about Rated R movies when growing up. They were a no no! When we broke them something happened. Below is Robby describing what would happen from his blog.

"Saturday I decided to call my mom. Eventually, I told her I saw a rated R movie.
She begins to give me a hard time about it. The following day I went to my in laws for Sunday dinner. My mother-in-law informs me that she spoke with my mother. Then she tells me that I'm not allowed to watch a movie for a month. Laughing I asked, "Why?" She then reminded me of a rule we had in my house as a child. If I went to go see a rated R movie I wasn't allowed to see a movie for a month. My PS3/ Blu-Ray player broke that day. I also saw the movie with my father-in-law."

The joys of growing up and the different rules. By the way, this was the one rule that I, Carmella, remember my parents following through to the end. I saw one movie, Cadillac Man, in 1989 and was on restriction for a month.

No comments: